I’ve actually already accepted this award once, but since I was nominated, twice, again, I decided to make this post to answer the questions I was given. Because I already accepted it once, I will not be nominating anyone this time around.
Previously accepted (here).
The Rules of the Liebster Award are as follows
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs and notify them of their nominations.
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer.
Carolina’s 11 Questions:
What is your inspiration to blog?
I find inspiration to blog by having this urge to write. Writing everyday can be really difficult at times, but blogging has helped me find this way to really express myself and get my thoughts out. I’ve found such an amazing community here, and they’ve also helped inspire me to keep writing.
Describe yourself in 5 words.
I’m one of a kind. (Is that cheating by using “I’m” as one word?)
Is Blogging a hobby or a career for you?
Blogging is a hobby for me, but I would love it if it could turn into a full blown career. Just write daily everyday about my life and my thoughts. Wouldn’t that be the ideal job?
What is your favorite TV Show?
This is always such a toughie to answer! I have so many, but if I have to pick just one, I may have to pick Game of Thrones. Say what you will, but this is one show that has just kept it good from season 1. It’s just such a shame that we have to wait a long time for the final season.
What is your favorite memory (childhood, teenage years, adulthood…)?
My favorite memory ever… that’s really hard to say. There are times in life you reflect on and wish you could go back to. To narrow it down, I’m going to say my favorite memory right now is when I got to go to Foxburg with Ray this past summer.
Describe your perfect day.
My perfect day usually starts with waking up, fully rested, to the sun shining. And – peace and quiet. My perfect day would start with waking up next to Ray, and having no rush to start the day. Just stress free, without connecting with the outside world even. Just a day away from it all, now that, that would be perfect.
What do your treasure most in life?
I treasure my relationships the most. The friendships I’ve built, the people who really stayed in my life. Those are the things I treasure the most. Because a good friendship is rare, and often fleeting. The same can be said for love relationships.
What’s your favorite song?
I have too many songs to narrow it down to just one favorite, especially since they vary depending on my mood.
What is your Favorite Artist?
Same as the above answer, it’s so hard for me to narrow it down to just one because my favorite artist varies so often. I used to have a specific favorite at one point in life, now I just listen to so much variety.
What qualities do you like in people?
I like honesty. Someone I can trust. I also like originality, and just being yourself. I don’t want to be friends with someone who can’t be open about who they are. I don’t care if you have walls built up, but own it. Don’t degrade yourself. Surround yourself with positive vibes, and you’ll be surprised by the difference in makes. Own it. That’s what I like to see in people.
If you could give an advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Things will get better in time. It’s hard having no control over your situation at such a young age, but you will persevere, and you will find your way. My advice to my younger self is don’t lost hope.
Ashley’s 11 Questions:
What is your favorite food memory?
I’m not sure, but it probably involves pizza oozing with lots of cheese. Pizza is always my favorite food memory.
What is your favorite way to get outdoors?
Through the door usually works just fine. But I’ve never really tried using the window :p
My favorite excuse to leave the house is just to go for a walk, and to bring my camera with me if it’s not too cold.
What are you having for dinner tonight?
I didn’t know my mom made spaghetti, or I wouldn’t have ordered a chicken sandwich when I left work today. That’s it. And some chips. Very, uh, very healthy. Coated with cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce because I’m weird. Plus with my discount it was less than $4.
What is your preferred mode of transportation?
I prefer to rely on myself, so I’d say walking. But when it’s cold out, I’m not against accepting a ride in a motor vehicle. Whenever I get my license, I’d probably enjoy the fact I can drive myself anywhere.
Do your family and friends know you blog?
My friends know I blog, my family does not. For now, I’d rather keep it that way. I don’t showcase my blog, at least not right now. I post a lot of personal things at times, and while I enjoy opening up to the world, there’s just something about someone you personally know reading about your life. Not that most would really read it.
M&Ms or Skittles?
What kind of question is this? M&M’s are amazing and Skittles are like my favorite non-chocolate candy. How can I choose?
Do you think pennies (one cent pieces) are necessary?
Yes! As someone who collects change from work (between tips and people throwing their silver in the penny jar), I can easily say that even pennies add up. Imagine if you kept every penny you told the cashier to keep. Even if it’s $1, that’s a $1 you didn’t have before. Maybe it’s not a huge deal, if we got rid of pennies, but I think pennies lives matter!
Can you curl your tongue?
One of my few talents.
What would get you out of bed on a day you could otherwise sleep in?
Coffee and breakfast is definitely a good start. Or a fire. A fire would get me up and out of that bed like no tomorrow. Or someone throwing water on me. I’d be hunting them down with murder intent. I think coffee and breakfast would be a better way to start the day.
What makes you happy?
Is it cheesy to say Ray and thinking about Ray? Warm weather. Sunshine. Music. Videogames. Friends. Blogging. Pictures. A lot of things make me happy.
Do you sunburn or tan?
I burn more often than I tan, but if I’m lucky, the burn will turn into a tan. I’m pale as fuck, it’s impossible for me not to burn.
11 Random Facts:
- I hate creepy crawlers. And bugs. If it has a lot of legs, keep it away from me. Please.
- I have over $70 saved up in change. And I started this over again I think in October?
- I often wonder why I was born in a place that gets frigid this time of year every time. I was not made for the cold, and I hate winter.
- I will wear the same pair of jeans to work all week. I don’t care if it’s day 5 in a row, I refuse to ruin my good pair of pants for the sake of looking good. My pants smell like food by the end of my first shift anyways, it won’t make much of a difference. I do wear a different shirt everyday though.
- On that same note, I wear the same bra all week long, too. Is that bad? Unless I actually need to wear a different color, it doesn’t make a difference to me.
- For the longest time, I struggled with working a lighter. I used to have someone else light it for me because I was so scared of getting burned. Ray taught me how to use a lighter. I guess smoking with him has it’s payoffs.
- My mom used to be addicted to cocain. I once saw her highly strung out on the stuff and I made a personal vow to never try it in my life. Or hard drugs in general. It’s not worth going down that road.
- I don’t have much in the sense of fashion. If it’s cozy and cute, I’ll wear it. I have my own style I guess, and it’s generally comfortable versus sexy.
- Some days I go into work with no makeup and wearing my glasses versus my contacts. I get told I’m trying to pull off the sexy librarian look, when really, I’m not trying at all.
- I like reading blog posts when I’m feeling motivated in the morning. Or after I’ve had a drink at night. I find I comment so much better with a little liquid courage, it just gets me rambling and focusing on your writings. Is that weird?
- I don’t know how to girl most days. Makeup is something I’m slowly getting comfortable with, but most days I don’t wear more than eyeliner and mascara. I don’t know the first thing about what to do to properly take care of my hair. I want to learn, but there’s just a lot. Dry shampoos, hair masks, leave in conditioners, sprays, mousses, gels, I don’t know how to use half of it without using too much or using it wrong. So most of the time I don’t do much at all.
Alright guys, like I said, I nominated people for this award before, so I mainly just wanted to write this post to answer the questions I was asked, and to tell you to check out their blogs!
I have one more award I’m getting around to writing, thank you so much again to everyone stopping by my blog, reading my blog, nominating me – everything! You guys are simply amazing, I never thought I would get so many views. It makes me happy.
I’ve fallen behind on reading your blogs as well, and I’m working on catching up soon. Bear with me ❤